**New look, same great taste!
Long time readers, we’ve decided to change the name of our 52 week documentary to something a little more simple – Minimalist Living! The old name – Cash Cow Challenge delivered some SEO (search engine optimization) difficulties with our original site name and will no longer exist.
If you’re new here, Minimalist Living is an ongoing series that details how much money we’ve spent as a newlywed couple. Feel free to check out our last article or start from the beginning of Minimalist Living and see how little we have spent in our marriage.
Week 8 Expenses: May 6 – May 12, 2013
The next rent payment won’t be due until after our move to Texas. Stay tuned for the amount!
If you remember our post last week, we bought a ton of avocados on sale, which we are still eating daily. We also like fixing big batches of deer chili that we make for next to nothing. A couple bucks total for tomatoes, jalapenos, and onions on sale, plus a can of beans and free deer meat that we got as a wedding gift. Talk about nutritious and filling… I just finished the last bowl this afternoon.
We also ate a lot of eggs. We like to buy them on sale or price match the lowest price at Walmart. A dozen typically runs us $1 – $1.50.
Hypermiling techniques from home to work to school to the occasional outing in our Green Machine. We’re looking to reduce this amount after the move, but we’ll see how it goes.
We had a fun evening get together with some friends this week. Everyone brought something to eat or drink and played some rock band! We brought a bottle of wine and salad. It was super fun.
We literally didn’t spend on anything else this week. It’s finals time and we had plenty of free entertainment between the internet and mother’s day festivities.
On an interesting note, we notice that we are the ones who bring a salad to get togethers! Sometimes, our families never touch it! What the heck is up with that? What could possibly be better than a spinach, avocado, carrot, and apple side salad that’s drizzled in balsamic and olive oil?!
- Ate free food at a local community event that my friend got me into!
- Both of us ate a great italian meal at a wedding shower for cousin!
- Won a SWEET trinket at the wedding shower! You can see my confusion on what to do with the item…
Grand Total: $26
56 Day Running Total: $1195
Here are some of our favorite reads from the week!
- Pretired Nick wrote a doozy on greeting cards. Need I say more?
- Shannon at the heavy purse gives great advice to about-to-be graduates. Wise words!
- The Enlightened Runner talks about the perfect trifecta for reducing stress and anxiety and the importance of doing so.
- The Jollyhoombas share some wisdom on handling setbacks. CJ had a little setback with his last haircut, and took it like a man!
- Mrs. Frugal Rules writes a good piece on marketing your business. Definitely a good read for business owners.
- DC takes a wonderful look at things to sell at a garage sale. It’s that time of year!