Health insurance is a tough topic these days. Changes are ongoing, and difficult to follow. Every change seems to lead straight into higher prices.
If you are searching for health insurance, there is a website dedicated to helping you pick the best provider and plan – eHealthinsurance.com.
What is eHealthinsurance?
eHealthinsurance is a middle man, and a darn good one at that. The site is not an insurance provider, but an insurance broker. The company operates off of a commission basis for the referrals that they provide. They have relationships with dozens of insurance providers and have full access to the plans, rates, and coverage offered by those providers.
eHealthinsurance.com compiles all of this information in a database that helps you, the consumer, pick the best provider and plan without having to shop around at a million different websites and compare quotes from multiple providers. All the information is compiled onto one webpage that is catered to your specific needs. What a time saver! The best part about this service is that it is free to get a quote.
Will it work for me?
eHealthinsurance.com is simple to use, as they provide a plethora of extra resources that can answer your most frequently asked questions about things like the Affordable Care Act and other hot healthcare topics. Once all of your questions have been put to rest, you will be ready to start the process of getting your free quote.
Getting a quote is not only completely free, but also very easy. The picture below is the initial start screen. All that it requires is your zip code, county, and the date you want the coverage to start, along with some minimal information on the individuals you plan to insure. The form asks for each individual’s gender, date of birth, tobacco usage, and if they are a college student or not.
All that is left for you to do is push the big orange button that says, “GO” and you’re taken to the next page that contains a customized list of plans that are best for you and your family. The picture below is beginning of the list of plans I got to choose from when I got my free quote.
Getting a quote is easy, and it makes choosing a health care plan less intimidating.
Who Is it for?
Everyone. They provide insurance for:
1. Individuals and families: You can search for and purchase dental, vision, life, accident, critical illness, travel, short-term, pet, and international health insurance. eHealthinsurance.com also gives options for creating health savings accounts, prescription discount cards, and telemedicine.
- The health savings account option narrows down your search to insurance providers that offer plans that incorporate a health savings account in which you can put tax free money toward health care costs.
- The prescription discount cards are free and are accepted at over 60,000 pharmacies.
- Telemedicine is where you can get physician care around the clock through the phone, video, or email. The idea is to avoid unnecessary doctor’s visits, which will save you money in the long run.
2. Small businesses: eHealthinsurance does a great job of providing not only the most options, best prices, and a quick process for choosing insurance for small businesses, but they also pride themselves on their top-notch customer service and have a great FAQ section on the right hand side bar that will answer all the questions you might have concerning insurance for small business. eHealthinsurance also provides group health, group dental, and group vision plans. The ease of this website for picking health insurance is second to none.
3. Medicare participants: Medicare is a complicated topic. However, eHealthinsurance.com breaks it down into bite size chunks that anyone can digest easily. By going to the Medicare section of eHealthinsurance, you will see that you can get a quote for any of the three following Medicare plans depending on your needs:
- Medicare Advantage Plans- Medical and/or drug coverage
- Medicare Supplement Plans- Medical coverage only
- Medicare Drug Plans- Drug coverage only
eHealthinsurance.com also provides an in-depth Medicare resource page that will answer many questions. Then, if you still have questions, they provide a phone number that will connect you to a licensed agent that can assist you with your quote and help you purchase a plan that best fits you.
eHealthInsurance Review Summary
We think the website is easy to navigate and the free healthcare quote process is efficient. We also like the idea behind the website, which is to save you time and money. This, combined with the database of free information and resources available on the website earns eHealthinsurance.com an A+ in our book.
We searched for plans and found some really good high deductible options that we would use in a heartbeat. Right now for us, there is not need as the Affordable Care Act allows us to receive access to parental insurance until age 26. When that day comes, we’ll find a plan on eHealthInsurance. It’s the easiest and most efficient way to find what you are looking for.
If you are currently looking for insurance, we strongly encourage you to get a free quote today.